Apple uses iPad and iPhone status icons and symbols to show a lot of information in a very small space on screen. Neither had a division symbol that I was able to find. 4. Fortunately, there is a way to quickly switch between the numeric and alphabet layouts on your iPhone or iPad's keyboard. Some iPhone icons are more commonly known, such as the Wi-Fi icon and Bluetooth icon; but … Contains both 1 - 256 and 0128 - 0256 code ranges. This is a neat way to avoid double-tapping the Shift key every time you want to enter a single capitalized letter. MathBoard isn’t an app you’re going to use on an iPhone, not even an iPhone 6S Plus because the screen is still pretty small for anyone to want to work on it unless they have no other choice. Numbers you can type on your keyboard's Num Pad to get special symbols. And themes will cost you, at prices ranging from $0.99 to $1.99. There's a whole lot more, however, lurking just beneath the surface, including accented (diacritic) characters, ligatures, extended punctuation, and special symbols. The rest of the keyboard will then go back to the normal mode. You can choose the standard layout and use the top bar just for numbers in all keyboard views or you could choose the Emoji layout and enjoy fast access to Emojis and symbols with just a single tap. There were two Japanese keyboards -- Romaji and Kana -- so I chose both. This is especially nice because it works with numbers as well as symbols, and if you want to get to the additional symbols keyboard, the "#+=", you'd need an additional tap to switch to the numbers keyboard. 5. Almost all buttons on the exponent keyboard face are similar to the first one however they are meant to enter numbers and symbols for the exponent value. Full list of Alt codes. Complete table with all … 5. Number Row keyboard provides an awesome Emoji shortcut row in your symbols page. Similarly, you can swipe from the 123 number key to reveal the numbers and punctuation shortcuts. Add Numbers or Symbols Quickly. This little-known method is so simple you won't believe how long it's stayed hidden under plain sight. The keyboard is one of the biggest weak points of iOS devices, in part due to the lack of an option to add a number row. When you are typing a long text, jumping to the numbers & symbols page in the keyboard to write a single number or symbol can slow you down. Typing Single Numbers and Symbols Quickly. If you've ever wondered what some of the symbols on the top of your iPhone screen (in the status bar) or in the Control Center are trying to tell you, then you've come to the right spot. Keyboard Trick #3: Alternate Characters. To enter a single number, you can tap the number icon on the keyboard to switch to the numeric keyboard with punctuation symbols.However, if you’re in a hurry, you can save some time by pressing and holding the 123 key and swiping to the number you wish to type. Numbers Key Gesture. •100% PRIVACY All the keyboard data is LOCALLY stored. My only solution to this problem thus far is to google for a division symbol and copy & paste it! The good news is, you can quickly add a number of letter on the iOS keyboard without slowing down. SwiftKey is, however, free to use and lacks the ability to long-press to access numbers or symbols. 5 of 16 What you see when you first glance at the iPhone or iPad keyboard are the regular letters, numbers, and symbols you're most likely to use in everyday communication. This is not among the keyboard choices on my iPad. (I do have the latest iOS installed, which is 5.1.1 as of 9/14/12.)