I'll also try this method for other types of roast as well. Do not open the door at all during this time! We had some unexpected delays, so I decided to just leave it in the oven rather than take it out after the 2.5 hours. Mix the softened butter and flour to form a paste (called a beurre manié), then add to the sauce pan and cook the sauce over medium low for ten minutes. Your email address will not be published. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You saved High Temperature Eye-of-Round Roast to your. Season roast … Eye of the Round is a cut of beef that comes from the hind end of the steer – along with bottom of the round, and top of the round cuts. I was also skeptical when I read it. THE BEST! While still damp, grind coarse salt on the tops of the rolls. It’s an extremely lean cut taken from the hindquarters of the cow, which gets a lot of exercise. WHEN TIMER GOES OFF REMOVE FROM OVEN AND LET THE ROAST REST FOR 20 MIN. Design by LH. Weigh the eye of round roast on the kitchen scale. Since this roast originates from the rump of the bovine, it tends to be extreme when cooked except if you set aside some effort to cook it gradually at low heat. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 2 and 1/2 to 3 Hours . Mix in the thyme, mustard and one tablespoon of the oil and again, mash to a paste then smear all of the roast. Fold up the foil so it wraps the roast then return to the oven. Whatever thermodynamics were at work here were great. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. per pound then turn off the oven and leave in for 20 min. Preparation. After a decades-long career in business and online marketing, she now runs A Family Feast full-time. Tender Eye of Round Roast Recipe Ingredient. An eye of round roast is simple to prepare in a Dutch oven or large casserole dish. Press the Pressure Cook button and set the time to 5 minutes on High … However, when cooked the right way, this cut of meat transforms into a delicious, juicy roast. Lower the heat in the oven to 225 degrees F, then place the roast back in the oven. Then I season the roast with garlic powder,salt,and fresh ground black pepper. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Refrigerate for at least six hours or up to 24 hours. SO THE JUICES SETTLE DOWN INTO THE ROAST. Eye of the Round is a cut of beef that comes from the hind end of the steer – along with bottom of the round, and top of the round cuts. Martha is part of the husband-wife team that creates A Family Feast. (This low and slow roasting process, along with the pre-salting, is another step that helps transform the tougher cut of beef into a tender roast. I had a 4 lb eye of round so I cooked it at 475 for 28 minutes. We show you how! But, you can also find Eye of the Round sold as very affordable roasts – and we specifically chose a roast with the fat cap still attached to the beef. If your roast does not have a fat cap, omit this step. Reduce the temperature to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Prep Time: 45 minutes – 2 hours & Cook Time: 7 minutes roast per pound at 450°F The Eye of Round roast is a relatively well-known cut of beef and should be well-stocked in most supermarkets. We're so glad to have you join us in the kitchen! After it rests, you can remove the probe. https://www.thespruceeats.com/eye-of-round-roast-recipes-3058673 For seasonings I rubbed the roast with a combination of salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and thyme. I only had a 1.5 lb. Place the roast in the preheated oven. One of the most tender piece of beef is eye of round roast. This hit it spot on! YOUR GONNA LOVE THIS RECIPE I PROMISE YOU. If desired, trim off excess fat from roast beef. The outside was seared and crusty while the inside was medium rare, tender and juicy. The recipe isn't necessarily at fault - the meat reached the stated temperature and was a beautiful pink color, BUT this cut of meat is TOUGH. Let the meat rest Transfer the roast to … It is a lean and economical roast beef and is perfectly suited for roasting. Horseradish is a great compliment! Before this recipe, I had never made a roast. Try these three methods for cooking eye of round roast. 4-pound eye of round beef roast, preferably with a fat cap, 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided, 2 tablespoons strong red wine such as Merlot. All rights reserved. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Congrats! And, similar to our very popular Top of the Round recipe, we used the pre-salt method to prepare the roast.